I thought I'd add this since it seems that winter isn't going away any time soon! I hope you are trying to stay warm. It is suppose to snow here again! Enjoy!!!!
Stay strong and healthy during the cold season with these six simple tips.
1. Eat your fruit and veggies. Beta-carotene, an antioxidant found in yellow and orange produce like winter squash, carrots and mangoes helps your body repel infection-causing germs.
2. Include a daily dose of raw garlic in your diet to boost immunity. Try crushing and swallowing it like a vitamin pill, or chop it and add it to salad dressing . If you find the taste too strong, keep in mind that cooked garlic has benefits, too.
3. Eat yogurt to get a daily dose of probiotics, good bacteria that guard against gastrointestinal infections. Look for containers of yogurt, acidophilus milk and kefir that are labeled as including L-acidophilus.
4. Get at least eight hours of sleep per night. Studies show that a good night's sleep increases your resistance to colds and flu.
5. Keep exercising. Physically active people catch fewer colds and respiratory infections. Just be sure to dress warmly and look out for ice!
6. If a cold or flu does get past your immune system, enjoy a delicious steaming bowl of homemade chicken soup. Studies show that "Grandma's penicillin" eases cold symptoms by thinning nasal secretions and clearing congestion.